- 1 broiler chicken (1.5 kg)
- 1 tbsp rosemary, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 strips lemon peel
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle cavity of chicken with rosemary and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Stuff cavity with onion wedges and lemon peel.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush chicken with oil. Drizzle lemon juice over chicken. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper.
- Roast at 220ºC for 60 – 70 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken registers 80ºC.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.