- 3 zucchini , halved and sliced
- 1 large aubergine , cut into rounds then sliced
- 400g baby plum tomato , halved
- 8 garlic cloves , skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus a drizzle
- 400g penne
- 140g pack diced pancetta
- 25g parmesan , grated, plus extra to serve
- Handful basil leaves
- Heat oven to 220°C. Put the vegetables and garlic in a large roasting tin, toss with the oil and season. Spread out in a single layer and roast for 35 mins until tender, stirring after 20 mins.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Reserve some of the pasta water, then drain.
- Pop the pancetta, with a drizzle of oil, into the pan you cooked the pasta in. Cook for 2-3 mins until golden and cooked though. Toss in the drained pasta, Parmesan, roasted veg and a couple tbsps of the reserved pasta water. Tear in most of the basil leaves and stir. Serve sprinkled with remaining basil leaves and extra Parmesan.